Friday, April 13, 2012

Changing the corporate culture? I don't think so!

Dear CVS-

So you thought you needed a culture change? Good for you for having such self-awareness. So you thought the best way was to hire Senn Delaney at a cost of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to cheerlead and do their corporate motivation bullshit? So much for your self-awareness.

To put it bluntly, fuck you and fuck Senn Delaney and all their fucking "accountability ladders," and their fucking "mood elevators," and their motivational-poster-style catch phrases ("Be Here Now"?). You want to elevate my mood? How about giving your employees a raise that's not an insult. I just got my annual report in the mail. CVS Caremark had an increase in sales of  nearly $12 billion last year compared to 2010. According to The Motley Fool investing website CVS is in prime position to take over RiteAid due to CVS having $700 million in free cash. Then you're going to tell me you can only afford a 1% raise? You've already raised expectations for your retail-level managers so high that there's no way they're going to bonus, so you're saving millions in that area too.

Want to elevate my mood? How about properly staffing your stores so we actually have time- between calling customers to tell them their meds are ready to calling customers if they'd like us to have their meds ready, to calling to see if they'd like us to get their doctors to refill those meds that they haven't refilled in 6 months to having to beg customers to "give us all 5s" on your bullshit Triple S surveys- to actually do patient care. We spend more time doing sales building in the guise of patient care that we do actually giving patient care. If you're going to insist that we pester these people relentlessly to refill their scripts you could at least give us the man-hours to make the fucking phone calls. And while you're at it how about putting pharmacy managers in place who actually know how to manage. Simply having a brand new pharmacist's license and the inability to say "no" to the district manager does not qualify someone to run a fucking pharmacy!

The whole problem with this current approach to corporate culture change is that culture change has to start from the top down, not from the bottom up. It's a bit like a psychiatrist treating a severely mentally ill patient by making sure his shoes are shined. Once again the powers that  be in the Ivory Tower are going to put even more responsibility on the stores to improve on things over which the stores have little control (anyone seen the new Stores Own Sales?) and then getting all the managers to buy in by bringing on the Senn Delaneys of the world to "empower" them. It's a bunch of bullshit rah-rah that is intended to convince weak-minded managers that they are all able to impact their metrics.

So spare me the shit about how the stores are the ones who control everything, and if we fail it's because we weren't good enough. If the culture isn't going to change at upper corporate level then all the fancy little plaques with all the little catch phrases aren't going to mean shit. The company has more money than ever before, and the stores are getting shit upon more than ever. Wonder what Senn Delaney has to say about that.

5 comments:

  1. I have an idiot shift-supervisor who's a recent return and a smoke head. When I noticed someone shop-lifted and immediately I called the supervisor.

    You know what they said? They told me to go out, in the middle of the dark, and get their license plate. Two guys at night. I questioned and asked if they had the possibility of weapons with them.

    They responded it would have been an armed robbery. I'm just disgusted at CVS right now. As an employee we are NOT suppose to go chasing out after people for shop-lifting, for obvious safety reasons. And no way in hell am I going to listen to some EBT supervisor telling me to go running out after some shop-lifters at night while they sit their arse in the office. If they were paying attention while they were in the office in the first place, they would have noticed the shop-lifters on the camera! But no, I was the only ringer in the store and dealing with a line of customers at the same time. The shop-lifters were hidden somewhere towards the back, where they couldn't be seen clearly!

    I don't like how CVS handles things. I hate working there and I despise how things are. Long story short, DON'T work for cvs or look into your rights. This company will try to pull the wool over your eyes or play corporate games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They screw me so bad that I get my prescriptions cheaper at Walmart than I do with their shitty benefits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've filled four complaints against the pharmacy in general. The last complaint which was made because the main pharmacist in charge was on vacation so, of course there was another “temp pharmacist”. I came in 1 day before my refill was due and as the pharmacy technician like always has to ask the pharmacist “temp” at this moment and its a C2 controlled substance. I know that They have the medicine in stock but after the temp pharmacist looked at my prescription, without even looking by checking the safe where the regular full pharmacist has to go to fill it. He bluntly lied to my face and informed me that he didn’t have that prescription in stock and like the majority of pharmacist assumed I’m some drug seeking addict.. But, anyways I first informed him that sir, you do I fact have it in stock as the main pharmacist keeps it in stock as I get it filled every month. I then continued to direct him to please actually open the safe under you and actually look. Guess what…? He has it!!! Go figured right. Then, as I’m still standing there with people other customers behinde me, he looks at my prescription and looks at the bottle of medicine that he said he did t have then looked at me and loudly asked from the middle of the pharmacy area ” WHAT ARE YOU GETTING TREATED FOR??” He DID NOT ASK ME TO come to the CONSULTANT DESK and I was already embarrassed by the way he was treating me then I had to loudly answer back where everyone else in line and also picking up their rx in another line could hear and know all of my medical problems and personal health and private information. After I told him what I was getting treated for he finally filled the rx..of course I had to wait over 30 minutes as I’m sure he wanted to verify the rx whih is TOTALLY fine with me and should have either done that in the first place and or ask to see me at the consultation desk and ask me what I’m getting treated for. I’ll never forget this and nener forgive cvs for this..Tim the temp pharmacist was in the wrong, violated my
    Hippa rights, and treated me unjustly. After I left I was mortified, embarrassed, depressed that I had to go through this. I looked up if there was anything I could do and I got advice from pharmacist Steve stating to file a complaint regarding CVS ciolsting my hippa rights and also I filled s complaint with the Louisiana board of pharmacy. Well, after CVS got a call from a compliance officer and spoke to the main pharmacist Jessica … I got an email from the compliance officer stating he spoke to Jessica and asked her to cal me and try to resolve the issue. About an hour later I do get s call,but Jessica just says she no longer feels comfortable filling ANY of my prescriptions.

    I will continue to tell my story regarding I was treated, labeled, and punished for filling s complaint. The point of complaints is to be able to provide feedback and the store or company to better themselves and their customer service.. But, now I have to drive about over an hour round trip to get my prescriptions now. Lawyers tell me that it would cost me more money to possibly just slap them with a fine. The compliance officer and to the companies that I have submitted s legit complaint did nothing to help the consumer.

    I hope that And know I’m not the only one out there and I pray and hope that something can get done to this pharmacist and temp pharmacist along with cvs.

    Thanks for your time in reading this

    Sincerely,
    Ronnie M

    Please support your local pharmacy sand not these big chains as they don’t give a two craps about your health or you as a human being

    Re

    Cvs store

    70550 LA-21
    Covington‎ LA‎ 70433
    United States

    +1 (985) 893-7681

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of us at FedEx had to go through those sessions and I'd rather take a beating than go through it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My major multi-national company paid the fee and required all employees take at least the one day training. A poorly thought out re-org caused me to take the training twice. I still didn't get the point. Most all of it has been in literature for decades. Mood elevator? Who doesn't realize their mood can be a factor in how well they perform just about anything. The training points out the obvious but doesn't provide much of the how. Why do the CEO's of these corporations fall for the sales pitch? They really believe in the simple and quick fix?? Treat employees fairly and with respect and they will work hard for you. Give them a lot of questionable training alongwith 1-2% raises and you will see the mood drop. I don't know about the elevator gimmick though.

    ReplyDelete